(303) 956-5013 – email@example.com
Instruments & Instruction Offered
- Saxophone – emphasis on Alto and Bari, but I can teach tenor and all other kinds as well. (beginning- intermediate-prep for college, all ages)
- Jazz Theory and Improvisation (beginning-intermediate jazz student, any instrument, all ages)
- $25.00 for 30 minute lesson
- $40.00 for 60 minute lesson
If you are a beginning saxophone player and new student, I ask that you are able to bring your saxophone, a pencil, and a new notebook to our first lesson.
Continuing students will be told if they need any additional materials to bring to future lessons on their first lesson.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a lesson, please do so before the day-of that lesson if possible. Lessons cancelled on the same date they take place will result in possible charge of that cancelled lesson.
- If there is ever a circumstance where I cancel a lesson the day of, that lesson will have no charge and the next lesson will be free as well.
- Lessons can be paid by monthly check or individually at each lesson.
Education & Experience
Degree in Process
Studied Jazz Saxophone – Casper College (August 2016- April 2017)
- Played Bari Sax in Wind Ensemble
- Played Bari and moved to lead Alto in the Casper College jazz band.
- Arranged music and played for the Casper College Jazz Combo
- Intensely studied music theory and music technology
Majored in Instrumental Performance – Denver School of the Arts (Aug 2012 – May 2016)
- Mastered grasp on classical and jazz saxophone pedagogy
- Four time member of national award winning jazz band (Downbeat Magazine)
- Member of Jazz Workshop Orchestra that competed in the Swing Central national Jazz competition 3 times
- Studied with nationally-acclaimed teachers of all different styles and instruments.
Leadership and Teaching
- Lead Alto Saxophone in Jazz Big Band at Casper College
- Coached saxophone section in jazz and saxophone criteria
- Was in a position to lead the section to sound the very best they could as a group
- Specific attention paid to tone and balance of the section, focusing on what individuals could work on
Skills for Lessons
- Fast learner and enjoys helping others as well as being a motivated self-starter
- Excel at organization and leadership in a demanding environment
- excellent communicator with engaging personality and superior work ethic
- Good with people of all ages
- Shows importance to keeping students motivated and happy to play, determined to find the perfect balance of pushing to get better and having fun with music
I have performed and competed in many different groups of all different styles, including garage bands, jazz combos, jazz big bands, classical saxophone quartets, and wind ensembles.
I am a Saxophonist who believes in the excitement of music. I have performed with many different jazz and classical groups. For high school, I auditioned and got into Denver School of the Arts for musical performance. While attending at DSA, I had a wide variety of important experiences. These experiences included; performing with artists visiting from around the world, taking lessons from various private instructors, and playing in high pressure/important concerts all around the country. The jazz band I was in won “Best High School Jazz Band” from Downbeat Magazine all 4 years of my high school career. That same jazz band was also accepted to compete in the national jazz competition, Swing Central, for three of those years. In Swing Central, we competed head to head with the other top jazz bands in the country. I have been giving private instruction to students since I was in highschool. After highschool, I attended Casper College and studied jazz saxophone while I performed with many different musical groups. I played baritone saxophone in the jazz band, and was later moved to lead alto, and as the leader of the saxophone section I would run weekly sectionals. I have since then moved to Fort Collins and I am looking forward to continuing my education. I am always excited to teach and love working with people to make them the best they can be. I will always make it a priority to keep students excited about music.