What is the Boomer Instrument Maintenance Program?
Benefits of Coverage
- General checkups as necessary and upon request.
- Adjustment and proper regulation of keys, valves and slides.
- Replacement of all necessary pads, corks, felts and springs.
- Removal of dents affecting playability (as determined by Boomer Music technician)
- Pulling of stuck slides, valves, and mouthpieces.
- Cleaning and lubrication as necessary to improve playability (Customer is responsible for basic cleaning and care).
- Bow rehair.
- Repair of open seams and refit/replacement of fittings (such as pegs, bridge, tailpiece) as needed
- Loaner instrument at no additional charge if covered instrument cannot be repaired within 2 business days (subject to availability).
- Reduced rates for repairs that are not fully covered.
Limitations of Coverage
- Repeated intentional damage, abuse or negligent treatment of instrument (as determined by Boomer Music technician).
- Cosmetic damage including, but not limited to, blemishes in finish or superficial dents not affecting playability of instrument.
- Replacement of lost parts.
- Consumables and accessories including, but not limited to, reeds, lubricants, straps, rosin, strings, ligatures and mouthpieces.
All of our rental instruments come with an optional repair/maintenance program for all instruments excluding percussion instruments and keyboards. The cost of this maintenance plan is in addition to the monthly rental fee and will provide all maintenance repairs to keep the instrument in good playing condition due to normal use. In cases of damage, negligence, abuse or misuse the costs of additional repairs will be covered 50% by the Boomer Maintenance agreement and 50% by being charged to the renter. Repeated intentional damage, abuse or misuse may result in the full repair cost for the instrument. This plan does not cover damage deemed beyond repair or a total loss of the instrument. Consumables such as reeds, woodwind mouthpieces, valve oil, or strings are not included in the maintenance plan. This plan is only available for instruments rented through Boomer Music and ceases to cover the instrument once it has been returned. All claims and warranties are voided by repair work not done by Boomer Music.
Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Violin, Viola
Alto Saxophone, Silver Trumpet, Cello, Trigger Trombone
Bass Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, French Horn, Baritone/Euphonium
Bari Saxophone, Oboe, Bassoon, Tuba, Bass
Rental Maintenance (paid monthly)
$6 / month
$8 / month
$12 / month
Our extended maintenance program is available to anyone who owns an instrument they want serviced regularly at Boomer Music. Each instrument will be inspected by a Boomer Music repair technician prior to enrollment in this maintenance program and any necessary repairs must be made prior to this agreement going into effect. Payment is due at the time this agreement goes into effect and subsequent payment will be automatically billed to the credit card provided every six months on the first of January and July. All repairs to covered instruments must be repaired only by a Boomer Music authorized repair professional. Any repairs performed by non-authorized repair technicians (including home repair) will automatically void this agreement.
Student Level: Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Violin, Viola
Student Level: Alto Saxophone, Silver Trumpet, Cello, Trigger Trombone, Bass Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, French Horn, Baritone/Euphonium, Bari Saxophone, Oboe, Bassoon, Tuba, Bass
All Step-up and Professional Level Instruments
Rental Maintenance (paid bi-annually)
$6.25 / month
$10.42 / month
$12.50 / month