(319) 321-1236 – email@example.com
Instruments & Instruction Offered
- Acoustic Guitar (ages 4-adult)
- Styles taught: classical guitar, folk/rock music of the 1960s-1970s, The Beatles repertoire, children’s songs, and the music of Taylor Swift and other contemporary singer/songwriters based on the student’s interest
- $30.00 per half hour individual lesson
- $35.00 for a family (2 person) lesson
- Type of lessons offered: individual or family lessons (child accompanied by an older sibling or adult family member)
- Lessons are payable weekly or at the beginning of the month for a series of lessons.
If a student needs to cancel a lesson, any prepaid tuition will be carried over into the following month provided that Deb is notified in advance of the absence. Twenty-four hour notice is ideal, but sometimes things come up at the last minute, so an hour before the lesson time is sufficient notification.
Education & Experience
Education: Deb is a lifelong learner, holding master’s degrees in Music Theory (MA), and Social Work (MSW), and bachelor’s degrees in Dance, French, and Comparative Religion. She has studied classical guitar with Richard Stratton, Dan Caraway, Todd Seelye, and Oleg Timofeyev, and performed in a master class for Christopher Parkening. Deb co-founded and performs with the world music band, Kol Shira.
Guitar teaching experience: Deb’s passion is introducing beginners of all ages to the joy of playing the guitar, as well as assisting experienced players with the finer points of technique and/or expanding their repertoire. She has taught at her home studio and in several guitar venues in Iowa and Colorado since the mid-1990s. Most recently, Deb served as Adjunct Instructor of Guitar at Iowa Wesleyan University. Deb also brings her guitar to local preschools to sing and dance with the children. She loves teaching children’s music to parents, grandparents, and teachers so they can play with (or for) their preschoolers!