Instruments & Instruction Offered
- Acoustic Guitar (all levels and style, ages 6+)
- Electric Guitar (all levels and styles, ages 6+)
- Ukulele (all levels and styles, ages 6+)
- Mandolin (beginning and intermediate, ages 6+)
Lessons are based on the songs you love. Whether you want to play Duke Ellington, Led Zeppelin, or Adele, the basic principles of music are the same. You’ll be introduced to new artists and styles, too, as we cover the history and geography of the instrument.
We’ll build a solid foundation based on classical technique along with skills like Travis picking, blues bends, and sweep arpeggios. We’ll study theory to learn how music is built and use that knowledge to sight-read, improvise, and write songs. Finally, we’ll work on performing to connect with audiences, from groups of friends around campfires to festival crowds.
- $120.00 per month for weekly 1/2 hour lessons
- $240.00 per month for weekly 1 hour lessons
Lesson policies may be found here.
Pay via cash, check, credit and debit cards
Gift certificates are available
Education & Experience
- Studied at the University of Colorado Denver and with Charlie Banacos, Barry Harris, Jimmy Bruno (of the Buddy Rich Orchestra), and Richard Lloyd (of Television).
- Jazz Guitar and Ukulele Teacher (2007-Present) – Guitars, etc., Longmont CO
- Acoustic, Electric, and Fretless Guitar Instructor (2002-2007) – Colorado Music Instruction Center, Longmont CO
- Guitar Teacher (1999-2002) – Vic Dillahay Music, Berthoud CO
- Guitarist (2005-Present) – Graphite Addiction
- Guitarist (2007-Present) – The Pete & Vic Duo
- Freelance Musician (1998-Present) – Recordings and live performances with various jazz groups, The Sorry Little Blues Band, Celtic-rockers Indigent Row, and the traditional folk ensemble Aspen Street.
- Founder (2013-Present) – Curious Automata Records
- Author of the Thesaurus of Diatonic Sets (2013) and the Index of Movement in Diatonic Sets (2014).